Some days I just can’t decide what to make for dinner.
And other days I know exactly what I want.
Since Meredith posted her egg in a bread bowl on Facebook, I haven’t been able to get enough of it. Of course I made mine without meat. And full of veggies.
So. When in doubt, make a dinner that you know is delicious, fast, easy, and did I say delicious.
Only problem. No roll to fill with mushrooms and spinach, cheese and egg.
Enter … I don’t know what to call this creation.
Roasted portobello topped with sauteed spinach, melted cheese and an egg to top it all off.
Yep, I ate that. And. It was good.
- Portobello mushroom cap
- Baby spinach
- Cheese, grated – I used Monterey Jack
- Salt & pepper
- Toast – not required but recommended
- Roast mushroom cap in a 350 degree oven until soft
- While mushroom is roasting, sauté spinach
- Top shroom with spinach and cheese, return to oven
- While cheese melts, cook egg
- Place egg on top of melted cheese
- Eat up!
I am exhausted, Good Night!!
[10 days til opening day!!!!!]