I’m dreaming of summer.
I want a HOT day.
I want to drive down the road with the windows down.
Radio turned way up.
On the way to the beach.
And I want summer produce.
And baseball! (duh)
The line up
- Portabello caps (I made 3 so I’d have leftovers for lunch tomorrow… )
- Fresh spinach
- Fresh mozzarella
- S &P and grapeseed oil
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray and place mushroom caps gill side down. Spray top of caps with cooking spray. Bake for 12-15 min, caps should be softening but still hold shape
- While caps are roasting, slice zucchini and onion and saute in a tsp oil until just tender, with a little browning. Season with salt and pepper. (I like to smash a garlic clove to saute with the veggies but remove it before adding to the mushroom caps)
- Remove caps from oven, drain any excess liquid from caps and baking dish
- Return caps to baking pan, gill side up
- Top with fresh baby spinach, and zucchini & onion mixture
- Return to over for another 8 min or so
- Top with fresh mozzarella
- Return to oven one last time to melt the cheese
Don’t let your cheese go this far… cheese#fail 😦
For those counting …. 74 days til opening day 🙂 GO RANGERS!!